Sunday, February 13, 2011


"a plain and simple life is a full life."
(proverbs 13, the message)


Recently I've been attempting to break habits that seem addictive, like coffee drinking. I've actually been surprised to find that I don't miss it much on days that I decide not to drink any.

However, this morning before church I decided to drink a cup. As I took my first sip, I was instantly taken back to Honduras, where I have the fondest memories of coffee. I saw the faces of the farmers in the mountains who harvest their own beans, and their kindness in giving us not just fresh coffee, but a truckload of cucumbers. They were so happy--their smiles beaming from ear to ear.

It's moments like that, where simplicity proves itself to be profound, that I feel my heart impressed to live fully alive by getting rid of all the excess.



No comments: