Friday, February 11, 2011

no more excuses

if our generation is ever going to get healed from the orphan heart that's been left by a highly fatherless culture,

we can't keep blaming others for the brokenness.

A lot hasn't been fair. That's a fact. Turn on the news and in a few seconds the injustices happening daily are evident.

An orphaned generation won't become whole by living in those injustices. It becomes whole through forgiveness. It becomes whole through love. It becomes whole by allowing God to reveal true identity and destiny.

And that goes for the spoiled western evangelical kids who are bitter at the church and think they have arrived, full of logical criticism for everything that's been wrong. Youth is so incredibly prideful, and I am guilty of it too. As a kid who grew up with parents in the ministry, I know how screwed up church politics can get. I know the lack of love leadership often shows. I know what manipulation and power hunger looks like. I have a whole list assembled with quick replies to how messed up the church is and how institutionalizing faith is the root of all evil .

But then I meet a person who really loves Jesus and is living out the Gospel and LOVES his/her church, even though it isn't a perfect place....and all my criticisms die right there. And I really don't have any right to ever pick them up again.

Yet, if I abandon the church and allow the things that MAN has done to put bitterness in my heart, I am walking away from the very plan that God has to bring redemption to the world: it's through His Church. A church who He loves. A church who He will one day call bride.

So let's own up to our own stuff and stop letting the pain cripple us. Which may require some really honest conversations with God. Maybe even some tears because sometimes that sarcastic edge that we've so come to love and appreciate as young people is the produce of really deep hurt and anger. And God isn't scared of that.

Just some thoughts on a day where I am totally fed up with lies winning over truth...and with Christians being soft on sin...and with people staying orphaned because no one ever shows them how amazing it is to live as a son/daughter of God.

No comments: