Saturday, January 1, 2011

a new journal and a new toothbrush

1-1-11

Here I am at the first day of 2011, along with everyone else in the world, whether or not they keep time in the same way. I will never get to live this day again. Or any day for that matter, but I guess it being the first of the year AND being all the same numbers makes it extra fun to note.

Today marks the beginning of a new year, a new decade.

I decided to throw a lot of things away today, an incredibly therapeutic activity. I still need to go through drawers of clothing and get rid of things that don't fit anymore, as well as the clothing I just haven't worn. I'm realizing how much I don't need, which is making me all the more thankful for the things that I do need--most of them not tangible. It's crazy the flimsy fabrication of safety that is made with the tangibles in life--and how easy it is to waste our whole lives working for those things that make us feel safe, while the living is done outside of that poorly made blanket.

I decided that in addition to filling up trash bags, I would also start the new year off right with a brand new toothbrush! Yes! And a brand new notebook journal (because for some reason I have a hard time writing in the fancy ones). So it's looking like clean teeth and fresh thoughts are coming my way. I'm hoping that the thoughts will be full of revelation from God and also revelation of myself--thoughts that will lead into healing and wholeness and purpose.

Well...here's to 2011. The truth is, I mostly wrote this blog so that I could write 1/1/11. Cheers to what is to come! And thank God for His faithfulness in the last year.

1 comment:

Jeremy Crouch said...

Wowk, this blog really made me smile just because you threw in the "new toothbrush" along with your new journal.

It is my prayer that this year has many new revelations and new beginnings....just like your new toothbrush.