Thursday, January 20, 2011

Jolted Back

Today, I told a friend about waking up worried about the fact that I'm not sure what I'm doing with my life. His answer jolted me back to the reality of God's character and of His Kingdom...

"I'm excited BECAUSE I don't know what I am doing in life next!! Hahaha. Life is an adventure and nothing is better than being blown by the wind! I look at it this way...Eternity is now. Heaven is our home. My life is not my own, only what we do for Him matters, and I just want to be like Him, hear HIs voice and obey His commands. The world is about striving and becoming 'something' but the Kingdom is opposite the kingdom of the world. I mean seriously? What else is there to live for? Nothing else can satisfy, no money, no car, no job, no house, no popularity. None of that matters!! Even in the church, I am seeing more and more of the church look like the world and it's all about 'making your ministry' and pleasing clientele. We need to wake up. I need to wake up, and see the Kingdom that is within. That's what we need to conform our life to. Not to please people or the well minded. You can never rationalize God's thoughts...So much higher than ours. All we can do is surrender, let go, and say yes to His plan, whatever it is...Perspectives need to change how we see and view life and realize there is nothing to fear. He is our source/provider and the one that makes a way out of no way! There is so much more and I know He is calling all of us up higher! So see beyond the window of our own perspective and feel the wind of His spirit! :) He spoke certain things over you before you were born!! That's who you are! Be who you are...just be. Be still and know that He is God...Be still and know that He is...Be still and know...Be still...Be....hahaha."

That was enough to get me fired up again for this great adventure of loving Jesus!

2 comments:

Jason Michael Owens said...

Good word!! Very encouraging!! What an adventure of His Love we have ahead!! :) We Love you Jesus!!!

Caitlin Elizabeth said...

haha! It's YOUR word! lol. You're awesome.