Thursday, January 27, 2011

Cracks of My Heart

Fact: a piece of information about circumstances that exist or events that have occurred.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  • There Are An Estimated 200,000 Young Women And Children From Nepal Being Held Prisoners In Brothels In India At This Moment
  • Over 50% Of All Human Trafficking Victims Are Children
  • Over 100,000 Of Our Own Young Women And Children Are Subject To Commercial Sexual Exploitation In The United States Every Year
  • Approximately 20,000 Individuals Are Trafficked INTO The United States From Other Countries Every Year
________________________________________________________________

With social justice movements becoming a new bandwagon to jump on, it's easy sometimes to grow callused towards these numbers and treat the issues like a problem that will disappear if ignored.

But these numbers are real. They are not disappearing. The problem is more serious than we want to admit.

_______________________________________________________________

I can't imagine looking back on my life 50 years from now, telling my grandchildren that I lived to provide a safe, happy life for them...and that's it. I want to leave them an inheritance that is bigger than money in a bank, real estate, tangible trinkets. God provides what we need when we seek first His Kingdom, so to worry myself about accumulating the goods of this world is a waste of energy. In His Kingdom, the throne He sits on is held up by Righteousness and Justice--and in front of Him are mercy and truth. (Psalm 89:14)

Repeat: Righteousness, Justice, Mercy, Truth.

So it's not a huge wonder that the more I seek God's presence, the more I feel my heart break for the injustices that exist on my watch.

I want my heart to break, and I don't want it to ever mend. That way, in the cracks, the lives of the broken can fit inside.

I want to care. I have to care. Even if it costs me. Even if it costs me everything.

The inheritance I want to leave: live bravely, not safely. Do what's right. Love the unlovely. Help those in need. Run hard after God.

All the rest will take care of itself.






No comments: