Saturday, August 1, 2009

Incomprehensible.

I'm in the execution chair, about to die. He comes over. He picks me up. I want to hug him through my tears of relief. But he sits in the chair instead. I watch him take my punishment. How do I say thank you?

Selah.

He paid what I owed with His life--so I could be made whole. And then He came back--offering fullness of life. A mystery. One I want to embrace. The Spirit moving through me, changing me, shaping me, renewing within me a right spirit.

Nothing needs to faze me now. "I'm absolutely convinced that nothing--nothing living or dead, angelic or demonic, today or tomorrow, high or low, thinkable or unthinkable--absolutely nothing can get between us and God's love because of the way that Jesus our Mater has embraced us." (romans 8, the message)

No comments: