Saturday, August 15, 2009

August 15, 2009 Matters in History

Tonight I decided...

"Not in my house."
-Dikembe Mutumbo


There are certain times in life where I've noticed this fight come out of me that says--that's NOT ALLOWED in my house, it's NOT ALLOWED in my life, it's NOT ALLOWED to go with me into my future. (that being many various things. for example: depression, insanity, confusion, fear, strife, manipulation, etc, etc, etc).

I can't make that decision for anyone else except of myself, but I am making that decision nonetheless.

And even if I stand alone, God is with me, and heaven notices.

I'm tired of you messing with my family.

you will not take advantage of this broken season. you will not steal hope or life from us. Where there is death, God is bringing a double portion of life, and you can't stop it. It might not happen the way I expect. It doesn't matter. My heart is resolved:

GOD IS GOOD
GOD IS FOR ME

My prayer:
Whatever is ahead, God, I say YES to you. I say You are trustworthy. I say You are perfect love.

I trust you to get me through this season. and the next. And the next. and the next. And the next. I trust that what You say about a city to come-a true homeland-is even more glorious than I can imagine.

YOU ARE GOOD.YOU ARE WORTH IT ALL.

No comments: