Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Changes...

I'm starting to realize how deeply God is concerned about the positioning of my mind...what I think about indicates how healthy my mind really is...and health levels reflect wholeness levels.

He is making me whole. I am confident of this fact.

NOw the process...that's where I fall short of words. It's sloooooow sometimes, and then speedy other times.

I need to renew my mind. And that requires changes. Some are easy, others are hard. All are necessary.

I used to have as my headline quote something that JRR Tolkien said..."Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens." Although I believe this, I don't feel like that's what I'm about right now. I want to be faithful. I want to be faithful because I love.

So I changed my headline to this:

"You were made perfectly to be loved - and surely I have loved you, in the idea of you, my whole life long." -Elizabeth Barrett Browning

I want to live as somebody loved. I want my mind to be renewed so that it thinks like somebody perfectly loved. I want my lifestyle to be one of someone who is perfectly loved.

Amen :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know from experience that it is difficult thing to change one's mindset. There are so many things in my life that could have been prevented, if I just looked at it with a different set of eyes.