Sunday, July 25, 2010

Lend me your eyes...

"...I can change what you see."

My heart is overflowing with stories today. I was reading an article about Faith Church in Budapest, Hungary and how God is moving in a former Communist nation to bring freedom from the past. I read a story about a family who was known through Hungary for being one of the cruelest crime families, yet when God got ahold of them, they were changed--even unto their very name. No longer is their last name one that evokes terror. God totally changed the definition that they existed from. That's the Gospel.

I've been thinking about the way the decisions we make have such strong consequences. I wrote a few weeks ago in my journal:

"There are some journeys you embark on that never let you go back to what once was. There are some doors you open and enter that destroy your identity and take your name. Only Jesus can restore your name."

He is the one who can come and restore identity and redeem a name that has been wrecked by sin and shame and guilt...which means that we all are in need of restoration. But I think it is so incredible that a whole family in Hungary is no longer known for their crime, but for their love for Jesus. That's amazing.

I think that when we give God our eyes, He does change what we see. He changes how we think and how we live, and then as our lives begin to take on His character and likeness, everywhere we go, His presence is bringing life and light. It's true. I know it.

No comments: