Sunday, July 25, 2010

"But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." -Acts 1:8

I have always been a "to the ends of the earth" kind of person, always wanting to travel and go to places I've never seen. This longing for other lands and people will never go away, I'm positive, yet this summer it is my "Judea" that has been growing in my heart. God has been showing me my city--my "land"--and giving me a heart that loves the place of my roots. It needs life just as bad as any other place. And even more than that, there is such a vibrancy to this city that I never noticed before. Maybe I missed it due to familiarity, which was rubbed off my eyes while away for two years. I'm not sure. All I know is that while I still have a desire to fly, there is a more present desire to love my land and to invest my life in the portion that God has given to me at this point.

No comments: