Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I want to get this thing right

Come on now,
I want to get this thing right.

We want love without the pain.
We want the Kingdom without paying the price.
Tolerance is killing us.
And we are deceived that it's love.
As sexual immorality sweeps a generation--
A disease that's killing pure touch.
We say its okay,
We turn a blind eye,
But did you know that one of my best friends,
Just took a step into Satan's lie?
Who's going to tell her,
That this way leads to death?
Will church leaders stop bowing,
To the idols of this world?
Will the Phineas' and JOsiahs,
Get zelous enough to go and take up the sword?
Not out of condemnation or judgment
And not out of hate.
But out of passion for purity--
Stemming from eyes set on eternity.
Rooted and grounded in love...
A love that is passionate about freedom...
A love that would shed its blood...
To rescue out of darkness each and every one.
Does that love seem passive...a love that would lay down its own life?
It seems fierce to me
That someone would die--
Just to set me free.
Even though I love Frank Sinatra,
And the charming Nat King Cole,
Ooy gooy romance,
Won't always get it done.
There is a romance that's tough,
And it loves not its own,
It fights for the broken,
And it contends for a soul.
I love worship services--
those times with Jesus that are sweet,
But I can't help to think
as I glace out to the street
That there is someone out there
Who God's wanting me to meet.

God, would You help us,
To get this thing right?
To stop bending to mediocrity,
And to start putting up a true fight?
I want to love with your passion,
And not apologize for your truth.
I want to see the lost with your eyes,
And let them know about You.
God, open up this culture,
Really--bring the real thing.
Bring a passion for your presence,
And a longing for the King.
Do it in my heart,
Break off the fear.
I want to live for Your glory,
And contend for Your name.

No comments: