Monday, November 19, 2007

Conscious Restored to a Nation

Then Queen Esther answered and said, “If I have found favor in your sight, O king, and if it pleases the king, let my life be given me at my petition, and my people at my request. For we have been sold, my people and I, to be destroyed, to be killed, and to be annihilated. Had we been sold as male and female slaves, I would have held my tongue, although the enemy could never compensate for the king’s loss.”

Esther had to make a choice--to give her life completely for the call of God, or live for her own pleasure and comfort as a queen.

"If I perish, I perish."

That was her choice. She cared more about obeying a higher authority than yielding to fear. That choice got her positioned so that she could challenge unrighteousness in a kingdom--and restore the conscience of a nation.

No comments: