Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Today's been an off day.  An off day is defined, by me, as a day where I spend more hours believing lies than truth.

After work I went to run some errands and started asking God what felt so off.  He didn't tell me what was off, just what was true.  Maybe sometimes the dismantling of lies is done simply by hearing the truth.  For me, this is a season where I feel the need to get aggressive with what is true--intentionally speaking it out and believing it with my whole heart.

He told me to remember the beauty of the Gospel; the price paid so that I could walk in love and be defined by all that is good, pure, lovely.  And where I could see others through that same lens. To think that our very life is ransomed by a love so precious, words can't even give it an adequate description!  When scripture says that heaven rejoices with just one salvation, I think heaven also rejoices when believers start to actually believe.  When they start to see scripture through the eyes of Love and redemption, something changes.  And that change is dangerous to the enemy and all of his plans.  Which excites me.


No comments: