Friday, July 6, 2012

My parents left town today to head up to New York for a cousin's wedding, and I was given the important duty of making sure "the plants aren't dead when I return" from my mom. 

So after work today I unraveled the hose and made sure the flowers were saturated with the beautiful  H2O.  It's incredible to watch good soil soak up water, knowing that at that very moment nourishment is reaching deep into the roots, sustaining a living, stunning part of life.  

Sometimes I grapple too much with all the ins-and-outs of living, thinking myself deeply into the miserable land of insomnia and anxiety.  But doing simple tasks like watering plants helps still my heart, and silence, at least for a second, the hundreds of questions firing away in my head.  Maybe I need to make gardening an official hobby of mine.  It may do my heart good.  


No comments: