Friday, December 4, 2009

Some days...

Some days this is how I feel:

"so i gave chase, and found it finally.
slowly, feeding from your head.
and from my friends, and from my family,
so i grabbed it by the neck.
"for every lover you have ruined."
i dug my nails into its flesh.
"and every life that you have taken."
slammed its head against the bricks.
its blood poured out onto the pavement.
i stirred it in with dirt and spit.
"i will take a part of you!"
i made mortar from the mix.
tore every organ from its body.
broke its bone and fashioned bricks.
i laid the mortar in between.
i made a thrown for hope to sit.
"too long you've torn us into pieces.
firmly held on to our wrists.
today i bury you in me."
I swallowed every inch of it.

I'll hold you, as you have held me -
You've held me in your heart, we'll be set free from fear.
We've felt our failures.
We've watched our passions leave, but we're still breathing on.
I'll hold you, as you have held me,
You've held me in your heart.
(And I will hold you in my heart)

We keep our heads up
We keep our hearts up
We keep our hopes up


-la dispute, the last lost continent lyrics

No comments: