Sunday, November 8, 2009

i remember You

"So I remember You where the Jordan River begins..."
[psalm 42:6]

I walk around with this secret desire for everyone to promise me that they won't dislike me,ignore me,hurt me, break my heart. And I need that promise from them before I will trust them with any part of my heart. That's a lot of pressure to put on broken humanity--especially when I'm just as prone to inflicting pain on another.

So today I am taking that secret and pulling it into the light. Those relationships that fell apart--the friendships that didn't last--I'm giving you the band-aid I used to try to keep that from happening again.

Thank You for showing me this, Jesus. Thank You for loving me enough to uncover painful places in my heart that I've kept from Your balm of Gilead.

Thank You that wholeness is my portion. And that You are the One I can count on--You are that faithful friend.

Teach me to walk in Your ways.

Amen.

No comments: