Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Tenderness





When we travelled into a barrio to gather people together for a meeting, a lot of children showed up. There was so much excitement in all of the kid's eyes. But as I looked over the fence that separated the house we were at from the rest of the community, I noticed a teenage boy standing up against a wooden support. His face was stoic. However, he was listening. As I glanced over at him, my heart felt a heavy burden-- God was up to something. Our team was about to leave, when I leaned over to my friend and asked if he would go pray for the young man. He went over. As they prayed, this young guy's countenance changed. He made Jesus his Savior that day. I don't know exactly what was going on in his life, but I know he was in a desperate state when he arrived. It was such an honor to be there at the right time and the right place, and to get to witness with heaven the transformation that occured in just a few short minutes. God is so big.

No comments: