Tuesday, July 19, 2011

earth confronted with heaven

Tomorrow, I am heading to Mexico to help with a youth retreat. I feel excited and honored to be a part of the lives of people who I've never met. I have no idea what to expect, which is different than most every international trip I've taken.

Tonight as I was praying and trying to pick which books to bring with me as heart nourishment during the flight, I pulled down Tozer's book "Knowledge of the Holy" and opened up to the preface. The very first sentence floored me. It put into a few words what my heart is longing to see manifested in my life:

"True religion confronts earth with heaven and brings eternity to bear upon time."

To see healing and deliverance everywhere, where the Spirit of God breathes life and hope, invading the hopeless and weak, the forgotten and misunderstood, the bound and tortured, the confused and aimless...

that to me is a portion of what it means to confront earth with heaven,
and I want to see that more and more.






2 comments:

Hannah Noelle said...

That is so awesome... I'll be praying for your trip to Mexico (: Have fun and continue being the great leader you are. That quote kinda floored me too when I first read it... I may have to tweet that!

Caitlin Elizabeth said...

Hannah! Thanks so much for your prayers. :) And you should totally tweet that quote! Gah. I'm still getting floored by it!