Friday, April 22, 2011

Don't Ever Turn It Down

"true love is not the kind of thing you should turn down..."

Good Friday just wrapped up here on the east coast, and I am left with one thought--
When He says come, follow. Don't turn down His invitation...

It would be absolute insanity to turn down Jesus' love. When romance fads come and go, His heart never wavers, never misses a beat in loving me. I feel like I am such a poor lover. I am learning.

But how do I repay a love that moved from a throne to the floor to wash my feet? A love that embraced a crown of thorns, the God-man, giving up his very life to save the world.

I want to waste my life on this man. For His love to be my compass, directing every breath, every step. That his love would be written on every cell of my being. That when I pass from this life into forever, my heart would have His name written all over every part.

No comments: