Tuesday, June 1, 2010

if time's a good storyteller...

then i'm thankful for time...for time that rides on the wings of faith and leads to fullness of life.

as things change, You remain the same. my friend. my staunch supporter. the One who is behind me and in front of me and all around me, all the time. i'll never understand that completely--never comprehend your love that is full of care and loyalty and pursuit. I want to know You. that's how I want to spend my life. some people may call it a waste, an ignorant pursuit. i don't care. i've tasted. i've seen. You're the only way to go. mark my heart. make it all Yours, tattooed with your name, sealed with Your blood.

"Faith is a code to accept that Jesus knows my whole life story, every skeleton in my closet, every moment of sin, shame, dishonesty, degradedness darkening my past. Right now he knows my shallow faith, my feeble prayer life, my inconsistent discipleship, and he comes beside me and he says, I dare you to trust. I dare you to trust that I love you, just as you are and not as you should be..." -brendan manning

i'm so thankful that You see me as i should be, though. and that You are willing to put Yourself on the line to see that person come out of the ashes.

No comments: