Wednesday, February 3, 2010

let's insist on the impossible

"So come on let's be young, let's be crass enough to care...
we could insist on the impossible."

-Frank Turner, Love Ire & Song

"Let's turn our prayers into outrageous dares." -Wilco


What does it look like to insist on the impossible? What exactly do I mean when i say I want to see the impossible happen? To live in a place of intimacy with the Father, while simultaneously risking it all on Him--prayers turned into outrageous dares? For what?

I want to know what that looks like. I want to live what that looks like.

Not settling for the wisdom of men. The esteem of men. The pleasures of this world.

"What is impossible with men is possible with God."
-Jesus, Luke 18:27

Ah! To live like I believe this. That's what I'm craving.

No comments: