Thursday, January 14, 2010

re-post of quotes

—the old monks made the alphabet wild: (Eavan Boland)

-that young man was not really a poet; but surely he was a poem. (Chesterton)

I don’t like formal gardens. (Disney)

Not in my house. (Mutumbo)

We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master. (Hemmingway)

Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. (Mark Twain)

I quote bad people all the time. Sometimes they're the ones who speak truth. (Brianna hahaha)

It's the thing I like most, to laugh.(Audrey Hepburn)

I said I'm not afraid anymore! Do you hear me? I'm not afraid any more!
(Home Alone!)

The reader’s job is to bring the black marks to life. (from some random PBS show)

Lucent in tenebris.

I admire kind people. (Abraham Heschel)

Wow, someone almost beat me up cause i grabbed the last mint skinny cow. (Siobhan)

I'm looking for something...that when it starts, you feel like it's from heaven. (Tom DeLonge)

World, I have overcome you…by my song and the blood of a Son. (John Mark McMillan)

I've heard Your song on the streets where I live. I've heard it over and over again..."Light a candle tonight for the losers. I have given them hope and a future." (JasonUpton)

Our love is a fairy tale, and it never has been told before. (Sinatra)

I think we dream so we don’t have to be apart so long. If we’re in each other’s dreams, we can be together all the time. (Hobbes of calvin and…)

No sir, I just want my own voice. I'll be a doctor for others and a poet for myself. (Dr. Zhivago)

I travel well on the roads I know. (Killian)

To live in this world you must be able to do three things: to love what is mortal; to hold it against your bones knowing your own life depends on it; and, when the time comes to let it go, to let it go. (Mary Oliver)

Love...that is the soul of genius. (Mozart)

Compassion means going directly to those people and places where suffering is most acute and building a home there. (Henri Nouwen)

He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God. (Micah 6:8)

Surprise ending. Wouldn't want to ruin it for you. (Big Fish!)

You turn me into somebody loved.
(The weepies)

I’d like to know someone
Who knows deep where they come from.
(Meg Hutchinson)

I'm not some assignment.
(Dawes)

Where there is great love, there are always miracles. (WillaCather)

Don’t settle yourself for the wisdom of men.
(JasonUpton)

The LORD will guide you always; He will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail. (Isaiah 58:11)

Are Jesus and I interested in the same things? (Gary Haugen)

Becoming a son that is a bond-servant. Help me learn to love You unto death. (Ashley)