Sunday, January 31, 2010

Random Journal Thoughts from this week

It's almost February. I have no idea what I'm doing with my life. And part of me is jealous of those who have it all figured out--the people who do everything well.

__________________

I want to see people made whole. For serious. People who are spiritually blind to see , the brokenhearted to be healed.

___________________


Bad days can be the best days-- potential catalysts for change.

___________________

There are deeper valleys and higher mountains out there than the ones I've visited.

____________________

It seems like friendship, and even just the daily interactions with humanity, naturally draw us in to the bigger questions.

______________________

Training to be brave.

_____________________

What does goodness look like?

______________________

a "holiness of the Heart's affections" -Keats (I watched Bright Star)

_______________________

"What really knocks me out is a book that, when you're all done reading it, you wish the author that wrote it was a terrific friend of yours and you could call him up on the phone whenever you felt like it. That doesn't happen much though." -J.D. Salinger

_______________________

"He brought them out of darkness and the shadow of death, and broke their chains in pieces." -Ps. 107:14

_______________________

"Yes, madam, he has loved you--long and well." -Robert Browning

_______________________

"The Graces in a dance men recognize with turbulent applause and laughs of heart! So triumph ever shall renew itself, ever shall end in efforts higher yet, ever begin..." -Robert Browning

______________________

When did this doubt creep in? When did I stop living like I believed You are enough? I need a personal revival.

No comments: