Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Ominous (words and music by John Mark McMillan)

Six rounds in the hands of a killer,
I am dangerous in Your arms.
We are the midnight city siren
on the back of wisdom,
Crying against the wasteland boulevard.

I am,
I mean, You are, with me,
I mean, we are, Ominous tonight.

Six strings in the hands of a poet,
I am
poetry in Your eyes.
So light me up with a song
Stain the sky with my burning
And I will not apologize

Cause whose gonna cry if I won't?
Whose gonna shine if I don't?
Whose gonna bring it down?

Where is the hope in thiscrowd of indifferent?
Where is the truth if it's not in my mouth?

I am,
I mean, You are, with me,
Well, we are, Ominous tonight

Six a.m.
In the hands of the morning
I am a skyline
You are the sun
Deep between our meeting
The heavens are receding
And the stars faint one by one

I am
I mean, You are, with me
Well, we are, ominous tonight

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=348108108

No comments: