Friday, August 23, 2013

Something I journaled on October 19, 2011, in the midst of a really painful season for my family.



Maybe we are in search of answers to the wrong questions.  Maybe the wrong questions arise from a misunderstanding of life's tensions, and an improper perspective.  Maybe the right questions lead to answers that just produce more questions, demanding new levels of trust in the midst of mystery that lacks answers to the "why"s.

It's in the trenches, the valleys-- just you and Jesus-- where things get sorted out.  I'm learning that I am responsible for carrying and watching over the fire God's given me.  No one else can do that for me.  People can encourage me, but they can't dream for me.  They can't walk out the dreams God has placed in my heart.  Dreaming is an intimate thing, and believing what God has spoken is true must come from my own heart, placing all my faith in Him and not another.

Life can't be planned out.  Ever.  But my spirit should always be prepared.  Nothing that happens in life can subtract from the history I've built with God.  Nothing that happens can convince me that God is not faithful.  He is good, all the time.

No comments: