Saturday, March 16, 2013

Finding the Core

Almost home!

As much as my heart feels a connection to the free-spirited personality of the West Coast, there is something comforting about the DC-Metro area, full of activists and political craziness, the Potomac River, beautiful Georgetown, the gorgeous Appalachian Mountains.  Maybe it's true that no matter where you travel and what is added to you in those travels, the growth experienced is built on a foundation that was formed from what you were born into and what surrounded you in the formative years of life.  And maybe there is a great God plan found in what we sometimes explain away as random chance, in that He intentionally planned a specific entrance for us into this huge world, with a very unique design meant to set us up for a beautiful, fulfilling life.

Leaving California, where I didn't think too much about a "life plan" because I was too caught up in wonder at the great love of a Father who would see wisdom in giving me a safe place to recollect child-like awe, I am now going back to a land where the questions like "what's your life goal?" are common.  Sometimes my heart doesn't have words to answer that question, but it knows that deep down nothing about this journey has been a waste and my life goal is to just love God well.  Yet, there are passions God has put in our hearts, meant to be used as a means of worship as we give them back to Him in the lives we live, and I want to know those passions, my core.  I want to live from a place of knowing what I was made to carry in my lifetime as I walk through the days I've been given as a beautiful gift, and I want those days to count.  My prayer in this next season of life is that God would begin to give words to my passions, and that I would connect with the core of my heart.

No comments: