Thursday, March 14, 2013

Eastward Bound

"On with the dance!  Let joy be unconfined."
-Lord Byron


Today marks the completion of Day #5 on our trip from California back to the east coast.  Staying overnight in Kingdom City, MO tonight, we're hoping to close the gap between here and home fully tomorrow, meaning a good night's sleep tonight and lots of coffee tomorrow.  Marathon drive.

Driving across the United States without a CD player or a good radio signal makes room for lots of thinking and napping (not when I'm driving!).  When I am better rested and able to form more articulate, comprehensible thoughts, I will write more about my incredible time in Redding, California.  What I write tonight won't do that beautiful six month season justice.  As I was talking with someone the other day about the difference between being tired and being weary, I realized that when I moved to California, I was a weary 25 year old.  What I found there, in outdoor adventures, beautiful friendships, and an incredible church community, was an oasis that refreshed my heart and soul in ways only God could accomplish.  He knew what I needed more than I knew what I needed--and that is true for the rest of my life.  The God who sees and has already provided.  Always faithful.

Although I'm unclear what is waiting for me on the other side of the country, there is a trust in my heart that God is good and I don't always need to know the plan.  Deep joy is what I feel in my heart as I return to the homeland, and a hope that is willing to believe that this is a time to break out into wide open spaces.  A fresh chapter, full of laughter and wide eyed wonder.

Hands open, surrendered, ready and excited.

No comments: