Friday, July 24, 2009

I'm So Glad I Got to Know Someone Like You.

"I don't know how,
to say what i'm feeling.
I don't have words,
to write you a song..."


_______________________________________________________







Dear Mr. Niall Booth,

I will never forget your kindness. I once read, "They may forget what you said, but they will never forget how you made them feel." That doesn't apply to you. I won't forget how you made me feel, but I also won't forget what you said. Your accent made words stick in my head...and some of those words made their way permanently into my heart. I will backpack through Europe--and you're the one who fueled that dream--who challenged me to not let life pass me by. You modeled that for everyone who knew you. Life didn't pass you by. "Things" didn't matter that much to you...you knew they were temporary...that people were more important. You lived to the hilt the moments you were given. And the way you made people feel--encouraging them, going out of your way to help them, finding funny things to say to lighten the mood--you were a life giver. You loved people in a way that made Jesus smile so big...and all the while you were loving on Him. Your courage and compassion continue to inspire.

Thank you for the honor of letting me into your life--of giving me the chance to know you. You've impacted so many people's lives. I'm one of many. And that legacy continues.

I don't really know what else to say. I'm sure there's tons more...

But here's to the Epopees yet to come. You're experiencing the best one right now.

Cheers & Love,
Caitlin
___________________________________________________

My friend Mr. Niall Booth died this morning in a helicopter crash. He has a beautiful family. We will miss him deeply.
____________________________________________________

"...but i have this hope and i have this prayer,
and i am believing....
Your words are true,
You never leave us alone.
Now every tear saved through the years in memory's bottle
becomes the fine wine, You serve to the children of God." (J.Upton)


Abba, thank you for never leaving us alone.

No comments: