Monday, January 21, 2008

"Lord break my heart, for the things that break YOUR HEART."


Dear Jesus,

What will it take for me to burn for you--to burn in the way that John the Baptist did in the wildereness, preaching that the Kingdom of God is at hand? To love You in the way Paul did, where nothing but You satisfied his heart, and that compelled him to preach the Gospel?

I walk through stores almost every day of the week. Most of the time, I forget to ask Jesus to show me His heart for those I pass. And even if I begin to feel His heart, I never ask anyone if I can pray for them, or tell them about Jesus. I go to school four days of the week, sitting in classes, knowing that many of the people who surround me don't know You.

But I let fear grip my heart, keeping me from speaking what I know would save their lives.

I cry out in the prayer room for souls. I ask God for my generation--that we would arise in a passion for the Kingdom of God that is unprecedented. I ask Him for a love revolution. I ask Him to raise up firey ones who are selfless and totally surrendered to Him. Yet...what will it take for me to stop thinking that the prayer closet is the only place for my passion--to notice that God has placed these prayers on my heart so that I can in turn become an answer to those very pleas? To see that where He has positioned me is my pulpit--and that it is my duty to live a life that is loud for Him--to not back down or apologize because others may call me intolerant or a bigot due to my claim of believing there to be only one absolute truth.

Jesus, this is my prayer. I want to be filled with power from on high, just like the disciples in the Book of Acts. I want to get rid of the cultural philosophies of what beauty, intelligence, and success look like...because those things only pull me out of the center of Your flame when I focus on them instead of You. I want to stop being consumed with trying to make myself look like a picture I saw in a magazine or live a copy-cat life of someone who has "made it" in the eyes of man...someone who is recongnized by man. Those idols of man's opinion and wealth and success...they break Your heart. This obsession with appearance and self opposes the very essence of what the Kingdom of heaven is about--an obsession with the King. But I need Your help, God. More and more I see how I cannot do it on my own--I can't live for You on my own. I can talk big and make myself and others get stirred up by preaching about You in a pulpit. But words mean nothing if there are no actions. God, please, be my courage. Make me bold. Make me ALIVE unto You. Thank You for the cross! Thank You for abundant life! I want to live for You.

1 comment: