Sunday, January 6, 2008

"Live a life less ordinary with me"

Normal.

The very thought of what that word means to me makes my stomach tie up in knots. 9-5 job. Nice house with a white picket fence. Steady lifestyle. Routines. Schedules. Convenience. Comfort. Success. Degrees.

Normal doesn't cut it for me...for a life that I believe everyone is capable of living. It just requires faith. I'm looking at my door, where I have a map of the world with the words, "God's aggressive love finds a way." I don't think that settling for a normal lifestyle allows God to be aggressive in His love...at least not to the degree He wants to be...not to the degree where people's hearts and lives are changed. It takes risk to step out of the boat...but that's the only way to learn that God has called me to walk on water. Just thinking about that today, and feeling challenged to not settle for ordinary.

No comments: