Saturday, January 12, 2013

A Resting Place

In a similar way to how I crave a home, a family, a place of belonging, does God also crave a home?  Does He crave a heart open,  present, ready for daily wonder and captivation?  What does a resting place look like which can fully welcome the King?

What's the point of these steps I'm taking if they never lead to revelation of belonging.  I am His, He is mine.  The vulnerability of that kind of surrender scares me at times.  That level of being one with another feels like such a mystery when I'm looking at those words outside of experience.

But when you step into Him, He steps into you.  I've felt the changes such a fellowship brings, but I don't live it in the way I know is possible.  For all the words written about communion with God, the only way to really know it is to live it.

So here I am in 2013, desiring more than anything an understanding of how to make my heart a home. How to let it become a place of friendship, where the walls come down.  Where getting close doesn't make me then want to withdraw and run away.  Where I learn Him in a way of no return.  

No comments: