Thursday, November 22, 2012

"Darlin', your heart will be welded to mine." 
-Ben Harris


Happy Thanksgiving 2012!

Thinking back on this year, which contained events that made loss sometimes feel like the most constant companion, I have noticed that the most incredible breakthroughs in my life came (and continue to come) when I choose to thank the Father.  When I let the reality of His goodness, the reality of how He is ALWAYS for me, sink into my spirit and my very being, it feels like nothing is impossible anymore.  Those are the moments when not only do I rejoice in what feels difficult and broken, but my heart literally feels welded to His.  My perspective then changes drastically into bold prayers.  Prayers like, "God, you said there would be trouble in this life...so thank you for preparing me to tackle the real problems of this time you set me inside of...for giving me the tenacity and strength to stand firm in the belief that heaven literally does invade earth through my life when I simply take you at your word."  Living the reality of heaven on earth is a brave lifestyle, and I want the courage to live that way.  So today I feel incredibly thankful for the hard things experienced in the last few months.

As a side note, today I am most thankful for my family, which includes the friends God has given me who feel like family.  But especially I feel thankful for my siblings.  They know me better than anyone.  They love me in the midst of my terrible sleep hygiene, my inability to keep a straight face during serious moments, my awkward comments and poorly formed jokes.

1 comment:

reginag said...

May all of us be blessed and be thankful on what we have.

forest lake windshield replacement