Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I wish that I could personally thank every person who has shown me and my family such kindness, not just in the past few weeks, but over the course of our whole lives.  I have been blessed so much by the genuine love, forgiveness, and grace that have been extended to us, from people living close by and far away.  It's been healing.  It's even brought me to tears on several occasions.  The Body of Christ is alive.  It is full of people who are very human, but at the same time, becoming more and more like Jesus, determined to see like HIm and love like Him.  I've been inspired by each of these encounters.

Today, I had the opportunity to eat breakfast with one of the women I admire most in my life.  She is one of the most courageous people I know, and her stories are full of adventures and radical trust in God.  She just encouraged me so much to go after the dreams that God has placed in my heart, even if the process is different than I expected.  Several times she said, "Don't cut corners on God's best."  I took those words to heart.

I think at the core of every dream that I have, there is this longing to see wholeness--nothing missing, nothing broken.  To see people have hope, maybe for the first time.  To see them come into fullness, because it's available for them.  God is a good God.  I want people to see His goodness through my life.

I think now is the time to dream like never before--throwing off the boundaries, the confinements, the limits.  To take God at His word--with Him, everything is possible.  He is faithful to His own, faithful to His word, good on His promises.

Ahh, how I love my generation.  How I love that so many of them embody this perspective of God--that He can do anything.  That He wants to use them.  That love wins and really does set people free.

No comments: