Wednesday, August 18, 2010


This morning, I felt like God said to me,

"If you were only supposed to love those you find it easy to love, it would be a much wider road. My way is the narrow way. Follow Me."

He started exposing my heart to the weightiness of the cross--and how the unforgiveness and offense that I've allowed to enter my heart have no right to be there--and they will only destroy me. A clear heart is the best way to live--a heart where the rivers of living water flow without any blockage.

I read this right after that conversation. It's from the book Viktor Frankl wrote after he lived through the horrors of the Holocaust,

"Love is the only way to grasp another human being in the innermost core of his personality. No one can become fully aware of the very essence of another human being unless he loves him. By his love he is enabled to see the essential traits and features in the beloved person; and even more, he sees that which is potential in him, which is not yet actualized but yet ought to be actualized. Furthermore, by his love, the loving person enables the beloved person to actualize these potentialities. By making him aware of what he can be and of what he should become, he makes these potentialities come true." (Man's Search For Meaning)

That small paragraph holds such food for thought. As I read it, I feel the standard for my life being raised, but only because I know that Jesus does this with me every day. He loves me fully--He is fully aware of my essence and believes in my tomorrow--and fights for me today. Only because of His love can I love. I want to embark on a journey that discovers the fullness of love and life that is found in Him.

No comments: