Sunday, October 25, 2009

redefine

"When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, then You knew my path." -Psalm 142:3


some thoughts I found written in a journal from over a year ago:
Becoming Redefined.
Words that used to define me are not going to fit anymore. Those things of the past are exactly that...the past...not to come with me into what's ahead. This is a journey, and I am in it for the long haul. No jumping ship. No getting in a little lifeboat to head back to shore. No to all of that. It's all or nothing.

So God, I ask that You would redefine me. Redefine me with Your words, with Your thoughts, with Your plans. Teach me how to rest in Your arms, cause that's where I'm dangerous. That's where I'm brilliant. That's where creativity and life flow from. That's where I want to live from and it's the place for which I want to be jealous...

in Your arms.

No comments: