Friday, April 18, 2008

Wise Foolishness....

“Where is the wise person? Where is the educated person? Where is the skilled talker of this world? God has made the wisdom of the world foolish. In the wisdom of God the world did not know God through its own wisdom. So God chose to use the message that sounds foolish to save those who believe…we preach Christ crucified.”
(1 cor. 1:20-23)

Wow.

God points to the cross and says, “THIS IS WISDOM! THIS IS THE WISEST THING YOU WILL EVER SEE! This is the most brilliant and powerful act ever displayed." The world looks at a man dying on a cross, claiming to be a King who will somehow come out of the grave alive in order to save a sinful world…and says, “A man, lying on a tree, naked, humiliated and shamed? How foolish to think this is wisdom! how ridiculous to believe it could actually bring salvation. We are not even in need of a rescue.” Yet, God says, “This is wisdom. This is how I think. What the world calls wise, I call foolish. I'm not going to roll according to your box or according to the way you think about Me.”

God, I want to learn to think like You think…just like people have prayed throughout generations, please, pour out a spirit of wisdom and revelation……help me to learn just like Jesus:

"when You move, I move....just like that."

1 comment:

Perfumes said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Perfume, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://perfumes-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.